Tuesday 23 August 2011

Fiesta Quinoa Bites: Avocado Packs a Protein Punch

Filed under: ,

The other day I had a "snack attack". In years past, this would often mean me ravaging my fridge only to end up eating a bag of chips or one too many cookies. I know better now, so I looked in my fridge and found some bare essentials to whip up this healthy snack.

I had no idea whether it was going to taste good, but as you can see by the photo, it looks simply divine and was absolutely delicious. These fiesta quinoa bites are gluten-free, a source of protein, good fat and fibre. All in all, I give it an A+ for nutrition and taste.

Quinoa and avocado together provide an adequate amount of protein -- essential at every meal and snack to keep you fuller long, fire your metabolic rate and balance your blood sugar. Even better, quinoa is a complete protein. This means it is a source of all the essential amino acids, similar to how animal foods are complete, making it an excellent choice for vegetarians and vegans alike.

This recipe is also a source of soluble and insoluble fibre. In fact, one avocado packs in a decent amount of fibre at 10g which is more than most other fruit. The thing I love about avocados the most is their buttery cream texture. It's like eating something fatty, rich and delicious without the guilt!

Recipe after the jump.

Continue reading Fiesta Quinoa Bites: Avocado Packs a Protein Punch

Permalink | Email this | Comments

home fitness

No comments:

Post a Comment